Congratulations Trimble CARES Coalition
Awarded a 5 year Drug Free Communities Grant !
On October 1st, 2020, we began our forth year of this five year grant!
Thank you to ALL who have supported this very worthy endeavor!
Serving Federal Congressional District(s); KY-4th
Coalition Located in Federal Congressional District: KY-4th
The Trimble CARES Coalition was awarded a FY 2017 Drug-Free Communities (DFC) Support Program grant in the amount of $125,000 by the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP), in cooperation with the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA). The coalition serves Trimble, County, KY, a community of 8,783. The goal of the coalition is to establish and strengthen community collaboration in support of local efforts to prevent youth substance use. The coalition will achieve its goal by implementing these strategies:
1. Provide information and enhance skills for the Trimble CARES coalition in order to increase membership and reduce youth alcohol, tobacco and marijuana use.
2. Implement communication providing culturally relevant prevention messages surrounding the prevention of alcohol, tobacco and marijuana.
3. Engage community: partners, collaborative partnerships and TYCo to promote environmental and policy level changes and access surrounding tobacco, alcohol and marijuana.
4. Work with School Board and Administration to implement physical design changes surrounding tobacco use in Trimble County.
5. Increase prevention interventions while providing information, support and enhancing skills surrounding tobacco, alcohol and marijuana use in Trimble County.
For Questions, please call Denise Hall
Drug Free Communities Project Director
at 502 663-0041 or firstname.lastname@example.org